The wind has caused trees to fall and power lines are down. There are road closures throughout our area. Check VDOT’s Road Conditions page to plan your route if you have to go out. Road crews are out and working, and there are even good samaritans out there with chainsaws helping to clear the roads. If you don’t have to go out, stay safe at home!
Drivers are asked to:
• Check road closures before you travel, and look at potential alternate routes.
• Reduce your speeds and assume there may debris blocking the road ahead.
• Treat non-working signals as a four-way stop.
• Move over for responders with blue, red, and amber lights, including VDOT and utility crews.
• Ensure gas tanks are full, and have a good emergency kit. Here’s how: www.ready.gov/car.
• Report road problems via my.vdot.virginia.gov or by calling 800-FOR-ROAD (367-7623)
• Check www.511virginia.org or the 511 mobile app for road closures and traffic conditions
• Follow @vadotnova on Twitter for updates