A tasty recipe for this year’s feast
By Todd Eisenhauer
A Thanksgiving meal is not complete unless you serve a tasty biscuit. This year, try this delicious recipe with an unusual twist for a delicacy that is full of flavor and will delight your guests.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups butter
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Step 1: Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Step 2: Cut in butter to create a nice gravelly look.
- Step 3: Next, mix in the heavy cream. Then add the mashed sweet potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Step 4: Dough is ready when it is mixed to an even consistency.
- Step 5: On floured surface roll the dough out to ½ inch thickness.
- Step 6: Cut biscuits into any shape you wish using biscuit cutters.
- Step 7: Bake at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until light brown.
About the Author:
Todd Eisenhauer has been a professional chef for 34 years. He and his wife, Liz, opened Black Bear Bistro in 2009, which is located on Main Street in Old Town Warrenton. He and Liz also recently opened Black Bear Mercantile and Butcher Shop on Culpeper Street. For more information visit the websites blackbearbistro.com and bbmercantileva.com.