Fresh Salmon Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Recipe by Laura Sears
Lemon Vinaigrette dressing:
1 garlic clove, minced
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 lemon, juiced
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup olive oil
2-4 pieces of salmon, skin on preferably
1 bag of spring mix salad
4 radishes, sliced
2 small cucumbers, sliced
3 tablespoons rinsed and drained chickpeas
1. Place a cast iron skillet, large enough for your salmon, on the middle rack of the oven. Turn oven to 500 degrees.
2. Next, make your dressing. It’ll keep for several days when refrigerated and goes nicely over rice, too.
3. When Oven Reaches 500 Degrees: Remove cast iron skillet and turn off the oven.
4. Gently rub both sides of the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Put the skillet on your stovetop at medium high heat and place the fish flesh side down.
6. Cook for 3-4 minutes depending on thickness. Don’t move it, just let it cook.
7. After 3-4 minutes, flip the salmon and turn the heat to medium low. You want the skin to get nice and crispy and for the salmon to cook. It’ll take anywhere between 9 to 12 minutes and technically should be 125 degrees for medium rare.
8. Test for doneness with a fork. If the pieces come apart easily, it’s done.