While a trip to the beach may not happen this season, you can still bring a hint of that vacation feeling to your home
Story and Photos by Amy Boyle
Are you getting to the beach this summer? With travel back in full swing, there’s a good chance you are. But even if you’re not, you can still incorporate the feeling of being at the beach into your home. Simple updates like lighter pillows, summery colors, fresh flowers and/or greenery can make your space brighter and lighter. Changes don’t have to be expensive. With just a few simple, summer touches, your home can feel like a vacation home.
- Swap out darker throw pillows with florals for a warm weather look, pops of bright blue bring a Mediterranean feel to any space.
- Simple, lightweight bedding is perfect for summer and will give your sleeping spaces a coastal feel.
- A few pieces of coastal themed art will bring the beach into your home and many prints can be found and downloaded online. Pop one into a simple frame for an easy new piece of art.
- Nothing says summer like a batch of ice tea! Have a pitcher on the ready for an afternoon pick me up.
- If you have a porch or similar space, think of it as an outdoor room. Add in furniture that will allow you to use it all summer long, creating the perfect spot to relax at home.
My husband’s summer tea recipe that all the kids love!
4 to 5 large (family sized) tea bags
3 lemons cut in half
1/2 cup sugar
4 c water
6-8 cups lemonade
Fill a large pot with water and boil. Steep tea bags and lemons in boiling water, add sugar and lemonade and allow to cool. Serve over ice.
About 11 Magnolia Lane: 11 Magnolia Lane, a lifestyle blog, was started in 2010 by Amy Boyle and her closest friend and partner Christy Black and has grown to have a monthly social media reach into the millions. Their themes include food, fashion, decorating, DIY projects, organization, entertaining, and more.